Thursday, August 13, 2015

Good Fences

I live on my deceased Grandparent's property and in the 1980's they raised buffalo. This pipe fence surrounds the property and at one time, it was used to keep the buffalo from roaming the neighborhood.

The buffalo are long gone, but some of the fence still remains. It's leaning, dilapidated, and rusty and the trees have grown around and between the posts. Such a unique site!!

I captured these shots on a sunny day this weekend.

Linking to:
Good Fences





6 comments:

  1. I love this unique fence...and the family history makes it WONDERFUL...
    Thank you for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. linking up for good fences
    http://cabralfamilyblog.blogspot.com/
    This is particularly interesting to me because of the family history behind it. I love Genealogy and family history. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trees through the fence creates great interest in the photo.
    Do you remember the buffalo? Uncanny, but I just thought of them recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember the buffalo!! We would sometimes feed them apples out of the palm of our hand. But mostly, we kept our distance. ;-)

      Delete
  4. wow, that is neat! glad you knew why the unique fencing was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fence could tell many great stories about your grand parents

    ReplyDelete